Get Treatment Options in Key West, Florida
Key West, Florida, has a high drug addiction and abuse rate. According to recent statistics, there were over 1,000 hospitalizations due to drug overdoses in Key West in 2016 alone.
The negative consequences of drug addiction and abuse are felt by residents of Key West both directly and indirectly. In addition to the individuals who are addicted to drugs, the families and friends of addicts also suffer. The crime and violence associated with the drug trade can make neighborhoods feel unsafe, and the cost of treating addiction can be a financial burden on taxpayers.
If you or someone you know is struggling with drug addiction, it is important to seek help. Several resources are available to help you find the treatment that is right for you. Treatment options vary depending on the severity of the addiction, the type of drugs being abused, and the individual’s needs.
Check out a facility that fits your needs on our list below, or call/email us for individualized support. There are opportunities for recovery and improved life in Florida with numerous drug and alcohol addiction programs available in Key West.
Get Professional Guidance on Finding Treatment
We will help you find treatment based on your location, budget, and specific needs and help you get started safely.
Free + Confidential Consultation
Browse 6 Centers in Key West, Florida
WestCare - Guidance and Care Center Key West is an addiction treatment facility in Key West, FL that provides specialized treatment for alcoholism, dual diagnosis, opioid addiction, and drug addiction, with a range of services including aftercare support, detoxification, and residential and outpatient care.
The Key West Mental Health Center offers quality mental health and addiction treatment services, including dual-diagnosis and a variety of therapy options, with a focus on personalized care and acceptance of most major private health insurance plans.
This drug rehab in Key West, Florida provides experienced and knowledgeable staff to help individuals break addiction through various levels of care, including outpatient and inpatient services, as well as continuing aftercare support to ensure long-term sobriety.
The 16th Judicial Circuit Court in Key West, Florida provides comprehensive addiction treatment services including drug rehab and outpatient levels of care, with highly qualified staff and individualized treatment plans to help patients achieve sobriety.
Signs of Someone Struggling with Addiction in Key West, FL
Addiction is a serious problem that can have devastating consequences. If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, it’s important to be aware of the signs and seek help as soon as possible.
One of the most common signs of addiction is a change in mood or behavior. If someone who is normally outgoing becomes withdrawn and depressed, or if they start acting out in ways that are out of character, it could be a sign that they’re struggling. Additionally, changes in appearance are often another red flag. If someone suddenly starts neglecting their personal hygiene or they lose a noticeable amount of weight, it could be a sign that something is wrong.
Other signs of addiction include financial problems, legal troubles, and relationship issues. If someone is suddenly unable to hold down a job or they’re constantly getting into fights with loved ones, it’s important to take notice. Additionally, if someone is using drugs or alcohol excessively, it’s also a major cause for concern.
If you notice any of these signs in yourself or someone you know, don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Many resources are available to those struggling with addiction, and treatment can make all the difference. With the right help, recovery is possible.
Types of Treatment in Key West, Florida
There are multiple types of rehabilitation programs available in Key West, FL. Inpatient rehabs offer around-the-clock care in a controlled environment, while outpatient programs allow individuals to live at home and attend treatment sessions during the day. Some rehabs also specialize in certain types of addiction, such as alcohol or opioid abuse.
Life is much better after getting sober. You can live a normal life and do the things you enjoy again. You will also be able to build healthier relationships with your family and friends.
Key West, Florida, is a great place to get sober. There are many resources available to help you in your recovery. Many people in Key West understand what you are going through and can offer support.
If you are struggling with addiction, there is help available. There are many treatment options available in Key West, Florida. You can find the right treatment facility for your needs and get on the path to recovery.
Drug and Alcohol Statistics in Key West, Florida
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, in 2016, there were 9.8 drug overdose deaths per 100,000 people in Florida. This is compared to the national average of 13.3 drug overdose deaths per 100,000 people.
- In 2015, there were 9 deaths due to overdose in Key West.
- The Key West Police Department reports that there were 648 drug-related arrests in 2014.
- There were also 9 deaths due to drug overdose in 2013.
- In 2011, 12% of high school students in Key West reported using cocaine at least once in their lifetime.
- In 2017, the average cost of a gram of cocaine in Key West was $100.
- In 2018, the Key West Drug Court handled over 400 cases.
Additional Treatment Centers in Florida
Florida is one of the nation's epicenters for substance abuse and drug-related overdoses. In 2014, around 410,000 Florida residents were addicted to drugs and alcohol. Over the last 10 years, 12% of all deaths in the state were attributed to substance abuse. Treatment admissions for alcohol reached 24,329 patients in 2016, and 2.5% of Florida high school students admitted to using crack cocaine.
Still haven't found the right recovery center? Browse nearby Florida cities.
- Maitland, FL (282.5 mi.)
- Coral Gables, FL (125.6 mi.)
- Tavares, FL (293.6 mi.)
- Ormond Beach, FL (329.9 mi.)
- Oviedo, FL (286.5 mi.)
- Lehigh Acres, FL (143.2 mi.)
- Ocoee, FL (277.7 mi.)
- Melbourne, FL (254.3 mi.)
- Mount Dora, FL (293.6 mi.)
- Tarpon Springs, FL (255.3 mi.)
- Apopka, FL (286.3 mi.)
- Juno Beach, FL (193.2 mi.)
How to Prepare for Rehab Before You Start Treatment
Getting ready for rehab can be a daunting task, but it’s important to remember that you’re not alone. Here are a few things you can do to help make the transition to treatment smooth and successful:
1. Gather information: Take some time to research the treatment facility you’ll be attending. Find out what they offer regarding services and amenities, and read reviews from other patients. This will help you know what to expect and feel more comfortable when you arrive.
2. Get your finances in order: Many treatment centers require patients to pay upfront, so it’s important to get your finances in order before you start treatment. If you don’t have insurance, research payment options and make sure you can afford the cost of treatment.
3. Get your legal affairs in order: If you have any outstanding legal issues, now is the time to take care of them. This will help you avoid any stressful surprises during treatment.
4. Pack your bags: What you pack for rehab will depend on the facility you’re attending and the length of your stay. But in general, it’s a good idea to pack comfortable clothes, toiletries, and any medications you’re currently taking. You should also pack any paperwork or documents that the treatment center may need, such as medical records or insurance information.
5. Say goodbye to distractions: Before you start treatment, it’s important to disconnect from anything that could interfere with your recovery. This means saying goodbye to drugs and alcohol and anything else that might divert your attention from getting better. This includes things like social media, television, and even negative people in your life. Instead, focus on positive things like your recovery goals and the support of your loved ones.
Preparing for rehab can seem overwhelming, but taking things one step at a time, you’ll be ready before you know it. And remember: once you’re in treatment, there will be plenty of people there to help you every step of the way.
What to Expect During Rehab in Key West, FL
If you or a loved one is preparing to enter rehab, it is natural to have lots of questions and feel some anxiety about what to expect. Fortunately, most rehab programs follow a similar structure, so it is helpful to understand the general sequence of events.
Most rehab programs begin with an intake assessment, during which staff will collect information about your medical history and current substance use. This assessment is used to develop an individualized treatment plan. The next step is detox, during which you will be monitored around the clock as your body clears the drugs from your system. This can be a difficult process, but there are medications and other treatments that can help to reduce discomfort.
After detox, you will begin participating in therapy sessions. These may include individual counseling, group therapy, and family therapy. You will also learn how to manage triggers and cope with stress healthily. As you progress in treatment, you will gradually begin to reintegrate into daily life and prepare for aftercare.
Rehab is a challenging but rewarding process. By understanding what to expect, you can feel more prepared and confident as you take this important step towards recovery.
Need treatment nearby in Key West, Florida? Choose a drug/alcohol rehab center from our list, or call our hotline now for free help. (888) 674-0062