Alcohol and Drug Rehabs in Covington, Georgia
The drug addiction problem in Covington, GA is prevalent. In 2016, there were over 100 emergency room visits due to drug abuse. This number is only for people who sought emergency medical attention. The true number of people who suffered from drug abuse is likely much higher.
Prescription drugs, along with heroin, cocaine, meth, and marijuana, have been on the rise. In some cases, users of illegal drugs are turning to prescription drugs as a way to get high as these can be more readily available.
This is a serious problem that affects everyone, regardless of social status or economic standing. It is important that the residents of Covington know what treatment options are available for drug abuse.
Covington has resources for healthcare and a happy future with a range of drug and alcohol recovery programs all located within Georgia. Below we list all of Covington‘s finest recovery clinics and services for addictions, each of them having their own unique property.
Free Admissions Guidance and Assistance
We will help you find treatment based on your location, budget, and specific needs and help you get started safely.
Free + Confidential Consultation
Browse 9 Centers in Covington, Georgia
Gran Recovery Center is a CARF-accredited addiction treatment facility in Covington, GA that offers residential and outpatient levels of care for people with opioid addiction, substance abuse, alcoholism, drug addiction, and mental health issues, and provides aftercare support for maintaining sobriety.
View Point Mental Health Center in Covington, Georgia offers an accredited drug rehab program with a range of treatment options and evidence-based practices such as CBT and MI, along with follow up care for long-term sobriety.
Viewpoint Health - GRAN Recovery Center is a highly regarded treatment facility in Covington, Georgia that specializes in comprehensive care for alcoholism, substance abuse, drug addiction, opioid addiction, and mental health disorders, offering individualized treatment plans, aftercare support, detoxification programs, drug rehabilitation, and inpatient levels of care.
Damascus Road Recovery is a renowned addiction treatment facility located in Covington, Georgia that offers inpatient and outpatient levels of care, aftercare support, and personalized treatments for alcoholism, opioid addiction, substance abuse, drug addiction, and mental health disorders.
Newton Center's drug rehab is a comprehensive accredited program that offers personalized treatments, 12-step meetings, and medical care to help individuals struggling with addiction get sober.
ASFC Outreach Therapeutic Counseling Services in Covington, Georgia provides comprehensive addiction recovery services including counseling, assessment, and treatment planning, offering individual and group therapy as well as family and couples therapy, with a focus on supporting individuals and families to achieve a successful recovery.
View Point Health - Day Services in Covington, Georgia offers comprehensive outpatient care, addiction and substance abuse recovery programs, and specialized mental health treatment, all of which are tailored to each person's unique needs in order to empower individuals to reach their full potential in recovery.
Viewpoint Health - Strive Clubhouse in Covington, Georgia offers comprehensive programs and individualized care for individuals dealing with addiction and substance abuse, including counseling, peer-led support groups, medication-assisted treatment, and employment services.
ASFC Outreach Therapeutic Counseling is an addiction treatment facility that offers inpatient and outpatient services, as well as specialized programs for women's health and trauma recovery, with a comprehensive approach to addiction treatment and a focus on individualized care.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment in Covington, GA
The best way to overcome an addiction is to get help from a rehabilitation facility. There are many different kinds of rehab centers, and finding the right one is very important.
Mental health disorders are often present with drug addiction. Without proper treatment, not only will the addiction persist, but many times other mental health disorders can get worse. So it is very important to make sure that someone you know who is suffering from drug addiction receives proper treatment.
What Types of Treatment Are Available in Covington, Georgia?
There are a variety of drug treatment options available in Covington, GA. Some of the most common treatment options include inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, 12-step programs, and support groups.
Inpatient rehabilitation is a program where the individual lives at the rehab center full-time while undergoing treatment. This is a good option for those who need around-the-clock care and supervision. The length of stay in an inpatient rehab center varies but typically lasts for 30 to 90 days.
Outpatient rehabilitation is a less intensive option than inpatient rehab. The individual attends rehab sessions during the day but returns home at night. This is a good option for those who cannot take time off from work or school or for those who need a more flexible schedule.
With 12-step programs, the individual attends meetings and support groups regularly to work on their addiction. These meetings usually last an hour and take place in a church, school, or community building.
Drug Abuse Statistics in Covington, Georgia
Prescription drug abuse is now an epidemic in Covington. In fact, almost 40% of individuals who begin abusing drugs start with prescription drugs. The consequences are dangerous, especially when the abuse starts at a young age, about 22% of addicts start experimenting with drugs while still in high school.
Nearly 21% of the population in Covington uses drugs, and about 10% are addicted to them. This is a huge number of people struggling with addiction. Also, only 18% of those who are addicted to drugs receive treatment.
- There are over 100 drug-related arrests (for drug possession, use, and trafficking) each year.
- More than 50% of Covington deaths that are related to drug use occur due to overdoses.
- 44% of fatal car accidents in Covington are due to the driver being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- More than 36% of youth in the juvenile justice system are drug or alcohol addicts.
Additional Treatment Centers in Georgia
Prescription opioid use has caused a large increase in the total amount of overdoses in Georgia. Almost 12% of the Georgia population uses illicit drugs each year, and slightly over 3.5% also abuses alcohol at the same time. This does not include those who binge-drink at least once a month, which includes 20% of all Georgians.
Still haven't found the right recovery center? Browse nearby Georgia cities.
How to End Addiction Forever
Recovery is a process, and it takes time. It may take months or even years for someone to completely recover from their addiction. So, it is very important that the person who is struggling with addiction be in a rehabilitation facility for as long as needed.
During this time, they will receive the following treatments:
- Psychiatric Care – Individuals with addiction often have some sort of mental health disorder, so it is important that they receive psychiatric care, in order to address the mental health disorder.
- Medication – Many individuals who suffer from drug or alcohol addiction also suffer from an addiction to another substance. This is because individuals who abuse drugs or alcohol often become addicted to opioids. Thus, the rehab facility will prescribe them an opioid blocker to help prevent any abuse of opioids.
- Behavioral Therapy – To help the individual better cope with their addiction, they will receive behavioral therapy to help them learn how to cope with the drug cravings.
- Alternative Therapies – There are many holistic, alternative therapeutic programs that are very popular in rehab facilities, including art therapy, music therapy, and equine therapy.
- Aftercare – In order to ensure that the individual continues with their sobriety after leaving the facility, they will be given recommendations for aftercare programs.
What are the Best Rehab Centers in Covington?
There are numerous rehab centers to choose from, so it is important that the individual chooses a facility with programs tailored to their specific needs.
The following are something to consider when finding a rehab center:
- Location – You may want to consider a facility that is closer to where you live. However, some people prefer rehabs in other states because the anonymity and confidentiality of the facility are more likely to be preserved.
- Cost – The cost of the rehab can vary greatly. Generally, the longer the program lasts, the higher the cost. So, if you want a program that lasts for a shorter amount of time, it will be less expensive. Also, some programs offer payment plans or sliding scales.
- Services – You will want to consider what services are offered by the rehab facility. Do they offer detox, medication, therapy? The more services the rehab offers, the better.
- Reputation – The reputation of the facility can also play a big part in what you choose to do. Do your research and make sure the facility you choose is well-known and reputable.
Can You Legally Force Someone to Rehab?
While it is important for someone struggling with the disease of addiction to receive help, you cannot legally force anyone to enter a rehab facility.
Instead, if you are concerned about someone’s well-being, you can bring them to an emergency room and ask the hospital staff to conduct a drug and alcohol test. If the results come back positive, you can convince the individual to go to rehab against their will.
In some cases, court-ordered rehab is possible, but this can get difficult. The judge will have to approve it and then you will have to find a rehab center that will accept the individual. You will also need someone to stand witness for you in court.
What If I Can’t Afford Rehab?
If you cannot afford rehab, then there are still options. There are organizations or faith-based rehab centers that you can attend. Most programs are free, but the services offered may be limited.
The following are some other options to consider:
- Sober Living Homes – In a sober living facility, there are individuals who have been recovering from drug or alcohol addiction for a period of time. They can help with the beginning stages of recovery because they are in similar situations.
- Alternative Therapies – There are many holistic, alternative therapeutic programs that are very popular in rehab facilities. In these, alternative therapies such as art therapy, music therapy, and equine therapy are used to help the individual with their addiction.
- Support Groups – There are support groups that the individual can attend if they choose not to go to a rehab facility. These groups will be frequented by individuals who are in similar situations and can provide support when needed.
View options, availability, treatment methods, and more, for drug rehab and alcohol treatment in Covington, Georgia (888) 674-0062