Select An Addiction Treatment Center in Mequon, Wisconsin Today
Mequon, Wisconsin has a moderate drug addiction and abuse problem. According to recent statistics, about 8% of the population struggles with addiction to drugs or alcohol. This can lead to negative consequences for the individual, their family, and the community as a whole. Some of the most commonly abused substances in Mequon, WI are alcohol, heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine, prescription opioids, and marijuana.
Addiction and abuse of these substances can have a devastating impact on individuals and their families. It is important to seek help if you or someone you know is struggling with addiction. There are a number of drug treatment facilities in Mequon that can help individuals get sober and rebuild their lives.
There is hope in Wisconsin due to a number of drug and alcohol recovery facilities for genuine reasons and for a healthier life in cities like Mequon. Here we list all the best opioid rehabilitation facilities and centers in Mequon, many of which have their own exclusive services.
Contact Your Wisconsin Admissions Expert
We will help you find treatment based on your location, budget, and specific needs and help you get started safely.
Free + Confidential Consultation
Browse 7 Centers in Mequon, Wisconsin
Columbia St. Mary's Hospital - Ozaukee is an accredited addiction treatment facility in Mequon, Wisconsin that provides detox, drug rehab, dual-diagnosis, inpatient, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels of care. The hospital accepts private health insurance and employs qualified staff who help patients through their addiction treatment journey.
Columbia St. Mary's Hospital Ozaukee in Wisconsin is a comprehensive addiction treatment facility that provides inpatient levels of care and a variety of therapeutic interventions to help patients overcome addiction and learn to live sober lives.
Psychological Evaluation and Consulting is a state-of-the-art health center in Mequon, WI offering detoxification, outpatient, and inpatient treatment for those with alcoholism, opioid addiction, dual diagnosis, and drug addiction, and accepts private health insurance for increased affordability and access.
Gilane John Counseling Services in Mequon, Wisconsin offers specialized services and programs based on an individual's needs to help individuals struggling with alcohol abuse, dual diagnosis (co-occurring disorders), and opioid addiction.
Avenues of Expression Health in Mequon, Wisconsin offers comprehensive, tailored addiction treatment programs and levels of care focusing on achieving and maintaining sobriety from alcohol, opioid addiction, substance abuse and drug addiction.
The Gilane Center is a health care provider that offers evidence-based approaches and personalized levels of care for individuals seeking treatment for addiction to alcohol and/or drugs, as well as dual diagnosis.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment in Mequon, WI
Addiction can be incredibly difficult to manage. Not only can it become physically and emotionally overwhelming, but it can also lead to other problems such as financial issues or strained relationships.
The teams at drug treatment facilities in Mequon are equipped to help individuals get sober and stay that way. They provide guidance, support, treatment for medical problems associated with addiction. The main goal of any addiction treatment facility is to help people overcome their addiction so they can rebuild their lives.
What Types of Treatment Are Available in Mequon, Wisconsin?
There are a number of drug treatment options available in Mequon, WI. Some of the most common treatments include inpatient and outpatient rehab, 12-step programs, and detox.
Inpatient rehabilitation is a residential treatment program where individuals live at the facility for the duration of their treatment. This type of program is ideal for those who need intensive care and support. Outpatient rehabilitation is a less-intensive form of treatment that allows individuals to attend treatment sessions during the day and return home in the evening. This type of program is ideal for those who cannot take time off from work or school.
12-step programs are community-based programs that offer support and guidance to recovering addicts. These programs are based on the 12 steps of recovery created by Alcoholics Anonymous.
Drug Abuse Statistics in Mequon, Wisconsin
In 2018, there were a total of 526 drug-related hospitalizations in Mequon. The age group with the most amount of hospitalizations was 45-64 years old, followed by those over the age of 65. Heroin and cocaine were the most common drugs resulting in hospitalization, with heroin-related hospitalizations making up 37% of all drug-related hospitalizations.
Mequon, WI also experiences dangerous drug overdoses. According to recent statistics, there were 13 overdose deaths in Mequon in 2017. Of those overdoses, 7 were due to opioids. Also, 2017 saw a 37% increase in overdose deaths from 2016.
Here are some shocking statistics about the drug problem in Mequon:
- Prescription drug overdose deaths have increased by 137% from 2010 to 2015.
- Prescription drugs led to the most commonly abused in Mequon with 34% of addicts using it.
- 41% of heroin users used prescription opioids before moving on to heroin use.
- 23% of addicts in Mequon are under the age of 24.
Additional Treatment Centers in Wisconsin
Wisconsin has some of the highest rates in the United States for both adolescent and adult substance abuse. Since 2009, the state has been experiencing the same escalating rates of drug abuse and addiction as the rest of the country. The major concerns are the misuse of prescription painkillers and the escalating number of deaths due to alcohol-related liver disease.
Still haven't found the right recovery center? Browse nearby Wisconsin cities.
- Siren, WI (280.8 mi.)
- Delafield, WI (27.6 mi.)
- Fort Atkinson, WI (51.3 mi.)
- East Troy, WI (40.6 mi.)
- Boscobel, WI (140.4 mi.)
- Oshkosh, WI (61.4 mi.)
- Tomahawk, WI (177.2 mi.)
- Lac Du Flambeau, WI (209.3 mi.)
- Elm Grove, WI (16.7 mi.)
- Woodruff, WI (202.4 mi.)
- Ashland, WI (272.4 mi.)
- Amery, WI (261.4 mi.)
Is There a Cure for Drug Addiction & Alcoholism?
There is no “cure” for addiction, but there are effective treatments that can help people overcome their substance abuse problems. These treatments are also called interventions or rehab programs. While some methods, such as Alcoholics Anonymous, may be effective for some individuals, there is no guarantee they will work for everyone.
There are a number of different types of treatment programs available to those struggling with addiction. The most common forms of treatment include:
- Individual counseling – Individual counselors work with individuals battling an addiction to providing support and guidance as they recover.
- Group counseling – There are several different types of group therapy that can provide you with the motivation and support needed to recover from addiction. These include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – This treatment helps people recognize their negative behaviors and beliefs, which can contribute to addiction. Then, they replace these behaviors and beliefs with positive ones that will help them overcome addiction.
- Relapse prevention – This treatment helps people learn how to avoid or cope with triggers that may tempt them to relapse.
- Other therapies – These include music therapy, art therapy, and various types of meditative therapies.
Is Counselling Really Effective?
One of the most important aspects of drug treatment is building a strong foundation through counseling. Counseling provides a better understanding of addiction and how it works. This helps people identify their triggers and teach them how to avoid triggers in the future. In addition, counseling teaches people new ways of coping with stress and negative emotions that may lead them to relapse.
Counseling is also used by many treatment facilities to help people discover what led them to addiction in the first place. This helps people determine what types of changes they need to make in order to overcome addiction.
Counseling can be done one-on-one or in a group, depending on the treatment facility. Generally, group therapy is more effective because it allows people to connect with others who are struggling with addiction. This can provide them with support and motivation to stay sober and prevent relapses in the future.
How Long Does Rehab Generally Last?
Rehab is generally a long-term process. In fact, many people find that it takes years before they are truly able to overcome addiction. This is because addiction changes the brain, which makes it incredibly difficult to stop using drugs or alcohol altogether. It takes time to adjust and restore the brain back to its original state.
Most people who want to overcome addiction find that it takes several months of therapy, counseling, and treatment before they are ready to live a sober life. This is followed by several years of support and guidance as they continue to deal with cravings and other triggers that may tempt them to relapse.
How to Find Drug Addiction Treatment Centers/Rehab Facilities
When someone decides it is time to deal with their addiction once and for all, it can be confusing to figure out where to start. Many treatment centers offer the same services, but finding the right one for your specific addiction and needs can make a huge difference.
If you need help finding the best addiction treatment center in your area, the following guidelines can help:
1. Look for treatment centers that operate for more than 10 years and have a solid reputation within the community. This shows that the treatment center has a strong history of helping people and will likely be able to help you overcome addiction.
2. Ask about the treatment center’s success rates. Treatment centers should be able to provide you with a list of past and current clients who have successfully overcome addiction. This lets you know that the center is capable of providing high-quality services.
3. Find out what type of treatment the center provides. For example, does it offer group therapy or individual counseling? These types of therapy should be available at most quality treatment centers.
4. Research the qualifications and credentials of each member on staff by looking online for their biographies, resumes, and references.
5. Ask about treatment plans before committing to a center. A good treatment plan will include a variety of options tailored to your specific needs.