Drug and Alcohol Treatment and Rehab Now in Morgantown, WV
The city of Morgantown, West Virginia is no stranger to drug and alcohol addiction. According to recent statistics, as many as 1 in 10 people in the city struggle with addiction to drugs or alcohol. This is a significant problem, and it’s one that requires urgent attention.
Fortunately, there are drug and alcohol treatment facilities in Morgantown that can help anyone who needs it. Using the latest in evidence-based addiction treatment, people in Morgantown can recover from drug and alcohol abuse.
Below we list all of the finest addiction rehab services and centers, each of them with special characteristics of their own. There is promise for healing and a better future, with a variety of opioid and alcohol treatment services available in West Virginia, here’s what we have for Morgantown.
Don’t do it alone – we’re here to help you with admissions.
We will help you find treatment based on your location, budget, and specific needs and help you get started safely.
Free + Confidential Consultation
Browse 12 Centers in Morgantown, West Virginia
MedMark Treatment Centers in Morgantown, West Virginia provide comprehensive substance abuse and addiction treatment services, including detox, residential treatment, outpatient programs, and medication-assisted treatment, using evidence-based practices and therapies tailored to the individual to help clients achieve sobriety and sustained recovery.
MedMark Treatment Centers offers a range of evidence-based addiction treatment services and support for individuals and families in Morgantown, WV, including detox, rehab, aftercare, and dual-diagnosis, in a safe and supportive environment.
West Virginia Sober Living provides personalized, comprehensive support for those looking for addiction recovery, featuring Aftercare Support, Drug Rehab, Residential, Sober-Living / Half-Way, Outpatient, and Detox Levels of Care, as well as supportive staff and follow-up care.
Ascension Recovery Services is a comprehensive addiction treatment facility located in Morgantown, West Virginia offering a variety of evidence-based services including intervention, detoxification, residential care, partial-hospitalization, outpatient treatment, dual diagnosis treatment plans and aftercare support that are tailored to meet the individual needs of each patient while accepting private health insurance.
The Valley HealthCare System's Morgantown Office offers an array of addiction treatment services, certified by SAMHSA and capable of accepting Private Health Insurance, since 1969.
WVU - Chestnut Ridge Center offers comprehensive drug and alcohol addiction treatment, including residential rehabilitation and outpatient services, with evidence-based therapy modalities and individualized care plans tailored to each client's needs.
United Summit Center in Morgantown, WV is a comprehensive addiction treatment facility established in 2016 which provides a range of services including drug rehab, intensive outpatient and outpatient services, plus specialized therapies such as couples therapeutic, family therapy, group therapy, individual therapy and trauma therapy, with options for private health insurance and affiliate support.
Valley Alliance Treatment Services provides evidence-based drug rehab and addiction treatment programs, utilizing cognitive behavioural therapy, 12-step facilitation, trauma-informed care, medication management and more to help patients obtain sustained recovery and improved quality of life.
United Summit Center Healthy Minds - Morgantown is an addiction and substance abuse treatment center offering a range of services including medical detoxification, residential programs, and cognitive and dialectical therapies to promote healing and recovery.
Louis A. Johnson VAMC - Monongalia County CBOC provides a wide range of services for veteran care and addiction treatment, including state-of-the-art medical facilities, medication management, and evidence-based therapies tailored to individual patient needs.
United Summit Center - Monongalia County in Morgantown, West Virginia offers personalized treatment options for individuals struggling with alcoholism, opioid addiction, substance abuse, drug addiction, and dual diagnosis, providing comprehensive support and guidance through outpatient and inpatient levels of care, with a focus on addressing co-occurring mental health conditions.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment in Morgantown, WV
If you or someone you know is struggling with drug abuse in Morgantown, West Virginia, it’s important to seek help as soon as possible. The longer a person goes without getting sober, the higher their risk of developing complications from their addiction. In addition, the risks associated with abusing drugs increase as a person continues to use them over time. Some of these risks include:
- Increased tolerance. This means that an individual needs more and more of a certain substance to achieve the results they desire, such as getting high or avoiding withdrawal symptoms.
- Physical dependence. When a person becomes physically dependent on drugs, their body has adapted to having them in its system; if they suddenly stop using, they will experience withdrawal symptoms.
- Addiction. Drug addiction is a powerful mental or physical need for drugs that takes over someone’s life and requires treatment to stop it from controlling their behaviors.
What types of treatment are available in Morgantown, West Virginia?
There are a number of drug treatment options available in Morgantown, West Virginia, including inpatient and outpatient programs, residential treatment centers, and 12-step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous. It’s important to find a program that can provide medical detox services as well as mental and emotional therapy, because addiction is a complex disease that affects both the body and the mind.
How do I find the best drug treatment facility in West Virginia?
You can start your search for the best drug treatment facility in Morgantown, West Virginia by asking friends and family members who have had success with a particular treatment center. If you know someone who has entered recovery and is now enjoying life as a sober individual, ask them where they received help and what kind of experience they had at the rehab center.
You can also find help online by searching “drug and alcohol treatment Morgantown West Virginia” on Google. There you will find many websites that offer reviews of drug treatment facilities as well as information about addiction, various types of treatments, and what you can expect during the recovery process.
Drug Abuse Statistics in Morgantown, West Virginia
The statistics are alarming. The National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) reports that drug abuse in Morgantown, West Virginia is a major problem, with nearly 10% of residents surveyed reporting illicit drug use within the last month.
NSDUH also found that cocaine was the most commonly abused illegal substance in Morgantown, WV among those who were recently using drugs. This is especially troubling because this means there are many people struggling with addiction to cocaine in Morgantown alone.
- In 2009, there were 9,023 admissions to treatment facilities in West Virginia for cocaine abuse.
- In 2009, there were also 1,723 admissions to treatment facilities in West Virginia for heroin abuse.
- In 2009, there were 5,614 admissions to treatment facilities in West Virginia for amphetamine abuse.
- Alcohol is the most commonly abused substance in the state of West Virginia.
Additional Treatment Centers in West Virginia
West Virginia ranks first in the nation for drug overdoses and the amount of overdoses is sometimes twice that of the United States's average. More than 100,000 residents are dependent on drugs and alcohol; many of those are minors who have been influenced by addicted parents to start using drugs at a young age. In 2013, an estimated 7,000 children in West Virginia were addicted to drugs.
Still haven't found the right recovery center? Browse nearby West Virginia cities.
How to Find The Best Drug Rehab in Morgantown, West Virginia
When you search for treatment facilities in Morgantown, it’s important to keep a few things in mind. First of all, it’s key to find rehab programs that specialize in treating co-occurring disorders such as drug abuse and psychological disorders such as depression or anxiety. In addition, because physical dependence has been established with drug abuse, it’s vital to find a program that can provide medical detox services as well as mental and emotional therapy.
How to Choose a Drug Treatment Center in Morgantown, WV
When you are looking for the best drug treatment center in Morgantown, WV, it’s important to consider these factors:
- Success rates. A treatment program should be able to show you how many patients they’ve successfully treated and what percentage of their patients typically remain sober after completing the program.
- Credentials. Treatment programs should be certified and accredited by the Joint Commission or CARF.
- Facility setting. The best drug rehab centers in Morgantown, West Virginia will provide you with a comfortable and supportive environment; they may also allow you to work at your own pace so that you can fully commit yourself to your recovery each day.
Government initiatives and resources to help with addiction in Morgantown, West Virginia
A number of legislation and programs have been put in place to help residents overcome addiction in Morgantown, but it’s important to know that no one initiative can solve the drug abuse problem alone. In addition, many initiatives are focused on preventing teens from using drugs by raising awareness about their risks, teaching them how to resist peer pressure, and giving them the necessary tools to cope with stress without turning to drugs.
- MORGANTOWN HOPE ACT – This legislation provides funding for local police officers who are trained as drug recognition experts and certified by the West Virginia Department of Public Safety. These officers are assigned to work with counselors from residential treatment centers, interventionists, family services, etc., to facilitate the identification of drug addicts and their referral for treatment.
- MORGANTOWN PEER SUPPORT – This program is similar to Alcoholics Anonymous, but it’s designed specifically to help women who are struggling with alcoholism because many women are ashamed to admit they have a problem. It was established by Morgantown Police Chief Ed Preston in 2006 in response to the high rates of alcohol abuse among women.
- MORGANTOWN PREVENTION NETWORK – This is a group of parents, educators, medical professionals, law enforcement officials, churches, social service organizations and others who are committed to educating residents about drug addiction. They created Morgantown’s Drug Free Youth Program that provides free, anonymous drug abuse assessments to students in grades six through 12.
Drug related crime in Morgantown, West Virginia
Morgantown’s police department has a special unit called the Drug Enforcement Unit that focuses on gang activity and drug-related crimes. In addition, the city has implemented a program in which dealers who are selling within 1,500 feet of public housing face enhanced penalties if their activities result in harm to others via drug-related crime.
The Morgantown Police Department also makes use of a special technology called the Naloxone App, which helps addicts and potential addicts by giving them access to information about where they can receive treatment and at what price.
Struggling with addiction in Morgantown, West Virginia? RehabNow helps you find the best treatment center or rehab available. (888) 674-0062